Sunday 23 December 2012

Wednesday

...our OFFICIAL FAMILY OUTING!
(and I didn't bring my camera intentionally because then I would be too busy snapping photos rather than enjoying myself going SHOPPING :D )

Malaysia
YUP! We went to Malaysia again (its nearby anyway). I am so thankful that we DID NOT go to Angsana because all they have there is books...and clothes...and....ok ok. I forgot what building we went to, but it was connected to a hotel.

Hotel + shopping mall together = Ultimate tourist attraction!

I told myself to always ingat Allah dahulu, and I did this by zikir-ing and just smiling and keeping quiet when Mama rants.

Anyway, my first impression was "Damn, another shopping mall. Never mind, as long as Mama is happy I will be happy"

BUT FIRST IMPRESSION NEVER LASTS SO...

This mall is HUGE ok. We nearly got lost.

I'll just tell you all about the highlights:

Me & Kak Shidah got new clothes
  1. We bought it at a "not-exactly-a-cart-but-not-exactly-a-store". Its like, a space where the store owners rented for an amount of money.
  2. Its FLORAL & LONG-SLEEVED
  3. And "no-need-to-iron" jumpers :D
We had pizza cones
  1. They were halal
  2. And so freaking delicious.
Me, Dalilah and Kak Shidah watched Rise of The Guardians
  1. My favourite Guardian is Toothfairy :3
  2. Sandman is adorable (I'm so glad his sand is gold + he weaves dreams with them)
  3. Jack Frost found his center (FUN)
Taking lit SL made me realise one of the major themes in the movie: good vs. evil

This is portrayed through Pitch, the bad guy and Good (all the Guardians in general). Its also reflective in the use of colours and shadows.

Pitch: Always black/lurking in the shadows/negotiating the Good to come to the Bad
(basically, he's a loser because in the end his own nightMARES turn against him. Hah!) 

Guardians
Sandman: Mute, but uses his ability to weave dreams. (The Sand is gold!) He "dies" but comes back again because the children believe in him. (Hence, Guardians are mortals)



Santa Claus: He knows his center. He is jovial, has the spirit of competition when he is helping Tooth Fairy distribute teeth :B



Jack Frost: The protagonist; his desire to find out his path. His ambition 'blinds' him because he was too concerned about his own 'memory' (he has to go through the tedious task of collecting his memory capsule so "conveniently" located at Pitch's lair), he forgets about the task at hand, that is to get the children to believe again



Easter Bunny: Love his accent! Especially when children forget his existence, he becomes a CUTE FLUFFY BUNNY.

Tooth Fairy: Her optimism and gentleness is inspiring! You can really see her dedication towards maintaining good Oral Hygiene. (She is a friend to all dentists in the world)