Friday 13 December 2013

The happiest I've been. (part 4.5)

Hey, we did it! The last part that everybody has been waiting for (or at least, I hope everybody has been waiting for). Here are the "outtakes", if you will, of everything that happened yesterday.

Bloopers & Outtakes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------❀

Let's begin with the first one! I wore this customised charm bracelet (kindly made by my friend's talented cousin) after the work-out session on 11th. When I showed it to Di, she told me that the heart charm was almost identical to the necklace Syahmi gave her (insert: awwww).

Both hearts can open (because we girls are open-hearted; see what I did there? (; ). I joked that it would be impossible to fit any meaningful things in the space; but lo and behold- a little, no,  minuscule, handwritten note in Di's necklace! Oh, the power of love. Or rather, the power of really small handwriting and incredible paper folding.  

That was just before the whole bus-doors-not-opening incident from part 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------❀

I bumped into another one of my close friends, SABRINA! (:
I haven't seen her in over a year, and she happened to be at Woodlands CC to receive her bursary (congratulations!) when we were all there celebrating Eunice's birthday. She looked adorable and pretty as always- and it was really nice to catch up with her.

And that's not the best part –

Her aunt, who works in a childcare centre in Sembawang, needed help! And I'm looking for an Early Childhood job! How serendipitous. (:

She's already checked with her aunt, and I'll just have to wait until their HR department can confirm a placement. (Does my tone seem calm and collected? Because, really, I'm squealing on the inside)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------❀

Sigh, starting the conclusion is always the hardest.
Well, I can genuinely say that this week has been the best week of my life so far. I've managed to meet so many wonderful people, crafted so many beautiful things and experienced the cutest reactions. There's a quote (from the many that I collect) that appeared on my desktop when I switched it on this morning:


I think that is the most accurate statement to explain everything right now. I am ever so appreciative for what He has done...the bad, the good, because without any of it, I wouldn't have had the best days of my life so far. Everything has lead up to this, and I just know that it can only get better from here ♥.

I want to thank everybody that has helped in contributing to the celebration/reunion. I honestly want to meet every single one of you again soon. I know we're all going to be busy with part-time jobs/job hunting/uni applications/overseas travels soon, but I treasure this new-found friendship, and I can just see this blooming into something incredible and beautiful.

You know how friends sometimes compare their friendship like, "I love you like a sister/brother". I find you all to be as close as family to me. But I don't really think "love you like a sister/brother" can be applied to every relationship in this 'DENZ and our extended family', right? (;

So, I came with something else;

I love you like a denz.

I don't know why, but the abbreviation 'denz' just seemed so fitting. Its more than just friends-almost-family-but-at-the-same-time-not-lovers (you know what I mean). 'DENZ' means so much more than just Dhania, Eunice, Nurul, Zahidah now. Its our term for endearment, between friends that have lasted for up to 10 years and new friends you meet and are so enamoured of.

To many, many more years of friendship.

Stay inspired,
Nurul xx

ps: "I love you all like DENZ", sounds more grammatically sound. I mean, referring to us as a collective term.