Saturday 4 January 2014

LEGOLAND Malaysia ☀☁ (part 3)

Lego Kingdom
AWW YISS, MEDIEVAL THEMED ATTRACTIONS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------❀

We continued on to one of my favourite areas of the park- LEGO KINGDOM! Aww yiss! I absolutely, positively love medieval themed attractions. And medieval music was playing at that area. Aye, ye good ole' music.

Methinks it is most beauteous!

I was so excited to admire this area of the theme park! Dalilah was equally excited too. We literally ran into the first attraction, coined the "Dragon's Apprentice". At first, we thought it was the dragon roller coaster ride which "went into the castle where you can see a lego dragon whilst on the roller coaster" as seen on the advertisement, but it wasn't. It was a really mild roller coaster for the younger ones, but fun- nonetheless. Whenever we're on roller coasters, my sisters and I plan our "poses" for when we pass the camera. We usually opt for the "we're-so-cool-just-look-at-our-cool-faces-showing-no-sign-of-excitement-or-fear" look when the roller coaster passes the camera (and of course, one of us would usually warn the others when we were about to approach the camera; usually me).

However, its Dalilah who usually maintains the best  "we're-so-cool-just-look-at-our-cool-faces-showing-no-sign-of-excitement-or-fear" look, Kak Shidah will look directly into the camera and be ever so glamorous even at 50 km/h. While I usually break into a "ohmigosh-I-am-having-way-too-much-fun-oops-I'm-smiling" face at the very last minute.

We don't purchase the photos, we just look at them and have a good laugh at our faces!

As we my sisters and I walked towards the next roller coaster, while my parents sat under the shade, we passed by a pack of wolves!

The detailing on every single live-sized sculpture/model was beyond amazing. The colours and form of these lego models are extremely realistic. It must have taken a lot of planning and effort to pull off something as astounding as this. I hope the lego sculptors (is that what they're called?) know that their work is appreciated by hundreds on a day-to-day basis! (:

We step into a "castle" where "The Dragon" ride was located. And ohmigoodness the interior of the castle was amazing. Even if there was a 30 minute wait (it was a 5 minute wait, then), I wouldn't have minded because there were so many things to admire! Portraits of royalty and noblemen made out of lego, a humongous book made out of lego, the castle wizard and knights all made out of lego! Pity I didn't bring my camera with me!

 As we arrived at the roller-coaster platform within the castle, I see my year-mate, Shee Yin and her brother! The cool thing is, she is related to Kak Shidah's friend from NUS High School of Math & Science. So Kak Shidah kind of knew who she was.

"The Dragon" ride is amazing. You will first go through the castle where you can admire more life-sized lego sculptures/models of people from the medieval times. Most of the lego models were animatronic, which made it even cooler. The last lego model you will see is this incredible dragon, but the awe won't last long because in about 2 seconds you are out of the castle and flying about at rapid speeds (I say flying, because technically, you are riding a "fire-breathing dragon" carriage).

Just when we thought we had seen enough dragons...we step outside the castle, giddy and happy from the ride and see –

A DRAGON MASCOT.

That red claw polish looks darling on you, dragon! (;
Oh, I was unaware that my sisters had planned a "scowl-roar-fierce-dragon-impersonation" face. Oops.

The rest of our medieval quest for fun and quirky photos will be continued in part 3.5! Watch this space. (;

Stay inspired,
Nurul xx