Saturday 22 March 2014

Ready or not, here I...

...come Hijab!

Ah, the hijab. One of the common topics discussed among women today.

If you remember in one of my earlier posts dedicated to my good friend, I wrote a conversation we had about the hijab. She concluded my thoughts on why some muslim sisters don't wear the hijab because they "...aren't ready yet".




After attending the Syabab SG's Ladies' Night event, I learnt that the hijab is a process. Not just in clothing, but in modesty and behaviour as well. This is one of six pages of notes I managed to write:

my other notes have doodles on them (as usual – hahah!)
Donning the hijab is so much more than putting a cloth on your head to cover your hair. Your attitude and behaviour must change in accordance to the hijab.

"Beauty without modesty, is like a conversation without honesty."

To the many of my lovely muslim sisters are righteous and faithful in Islam, but have yet to start their journey of donning the hijab: why not?

Are you waiting to go to Hajj or Umrah?
Are you waiting for your mother or older sister to start wearing it?
Are  you waiting for your future spouse to guide you to Jannah together?

Or are you just contemplating...waiting for the right moment to wear it?

*smiles*

Like I've mentioned earlier, who guaranteed you tomorrow my dear sisters?

Stay modest,
Nurul xx