Tuesday 2 June 2015

all the 2015 outings not blogged;

In the time I've not blogged, I've gone out with a few of my loves! I keep telling myself, "yes, I'll blog about this when I get back home and edited the photos". But, do I? No...

Well, here are the outings I've been on since I've last updated this ol'blog of mine right 'ere.

❄️ Ice, ice, baby



That's right! Yours truly went ice-skating with my favourite love birds! It was my first time, and oh my goodness, after half and hour on ice, I was whizzing away, spinning and forming figure 8s like a pro! Hahaha...yeah, I wish. I did, however, manage to ice skate on my own, and quite quickly at that. *accomplished smile* Bonus! Cute staff alert! So, there was this majorly cute guy (probably a few years older than us) skating around on the ice rink like a pro...spinning and doing (super cute) tricks with his co-workers. Every time he whizzed past me, my heart melted a little (see what I did there? huh? huh?).

So, after much fawning over this asdfghjkl member of staff, we devised a plan! Syahmi would stop him and ask him to take a photo (or several, muahaha) of us on ice. Actually, I was about to ask him to take a selfie with us, but did I? DID I?! NO. I'M SUCH A DORK OHMAIGAD.

Humpf.

I'm sure he'd be surprised – but willing to take a photo with us anyway! Since he's such a good-looking guy, I'm sure this has happened before. I mean, seriously? Killer smile, wicked moves and that charisma. Can I has your number plox?

Anyway, we skated for about one and a half hours, and oh no no, I was not satisfied. I really wanted to skate for longer! The rink closed, and a group of young schoolboys (from an international school, most likely) went in to practice ice hockey! They are SO confident on ice, and at that age too. I'm thoroughly impressed.

Afterwards, we walked around JCube for a bit before heading off to JEM to visit Daiso and pray Asar. We stopped by a smiggle store, and being the mature, grown-up, 20 year olds we are...




...we started colouring in their doodle table. Yup.

one fishy date


This lovely went out with me (again!), but, wait for it, ALONE! Without Syahmi oh my goodness, yes, I said it. WITHOUT. I finally got to go out with one of my fave girlfriends without having her boyfriend tag along (no offense, Syahmi dear. you're great and everything, but you're not one for girl talks heh).

Mama gave me a Manhattan fish 1-for-1 coupon, so we used it before the end of April. The food was really good, and although it could have had more rice, and less black pepper on the chicken, it was really satisfying. Also, I finally satisfied my craving for a milkshake!

churros, my one true love!

Okay, so I've heard of this ever-so-popular, delicious, magical, life changing, indulgent food called churros. And I've listened to my friends talk about it for about...hmm, FOUR YEARS before I finally had my hands on these much-raved-about food.

And...it was love at first bite/smell/sight.


Just look at this deliciousness! LOOK AT IT. SO BEAUTIFUL. I found my soulmate guys. Forget macdonald fries, CHURROS. Just, yes. As mentioned by my churro-loving friends, they are quite pricey. 7 pieces for four dollars? I think it's a bit much! Plus, they're not the long kinds like I've seen on tumblr and twitter. I suppose it was worth the four years of waiting, and they're not so easy for me to find! These churros were by churrosome, from their stall at the woodlands bazaar.

Also, finally upgraded my beautiful, vintage-esque watch! It's strap has been peeling away for months now, and at the bazaar, I came across a watch vendor that did strap replacements. It was quite hard for me to choose which colour to go for (since they didn't have any that was the exact shade of brown the original strap was). I decided to go for a darker and much deeper shade of brown instead of a lighter colour.




That's it for my outings! Stay tuned for the 2014 outings and my first year of uni update, coming soon.

with love (as you can clearly see from my sweater sleeve),
Nurul xx