Sunday 23 December 2012

Thursday

As usual, Thursdays are HCA Hospice Days! Here were the highlights (:

I arrived just as lunch ended...so that means I can have lunch myself!

I carefully selected two popiahs, a ladleful of mushroom & veggie soup...and some rice. I seriously need to lessen my carbo intake. But anyway, once I sat down next to Cik Daniar, I salam-ed her and she told me about how she was unsure if the food was halal.

I didn't say anything much (since I was eating), I only made sounds like, "Mmm" or "Eh?" or "E ye?" (Is it?). She was telling me:

Cik Daniar: Die orang cakap boleh makan, Cik makanlah...

Then I kinda zoned out a little and I found myself recapping my Andalus lesson about Makanan Syubhat. The Nurses said "Malay can eat, all halal", I figured out that I still had my doubts. So, I played safe and ate only the mushroom & veggie and the popiah (which was so good!). Since I was "was-was"(suspicious) about the rice (although I  had already eaten 1/4 of it) I decided to throw it away. Why would I want to risk

  • All my amalan-amalan to be not 'sah' for 40 days
rather than
  • Feeling full for the afternoon
Since it wasn't zuhr yet, I decided, "I will go massage someone. Since Cik Daniar isn't keen on massaging, I'll massage her friend next to her, Cik Basha!"

Cik Basha by the way, is so cute. She sleeps so easily and when she asks if I'm tired I say no. The conversation went like this:

Me: Okay, tak?
Cik Basha: Okay...tak penat?
Me: Tak, tak penat.
Cik Basha: Betul ke?
Me: A'aa...kalau saya urut kaki orang, saya macam boleh rasa ketengannya...
Cik Basha: *smiles and nods off to sleep*

At 2pm, I had to pray. So I prayed at the usual place. And I actually decided to pray sunat selepas zuhr there...and coincidentally, while I was folding my telokong, a Male Nurse came in through the back door. It was awkward, so I said

Me: Uh. Sorry...
Him: Sorry, sorry...

Well, he was in a rush, so I guess he couldn't say much but apologise. It really wasn't anything wrong, its partially my fault because I wanted to pray sunat selepas zuhr.

ANYWAY...

When I went up to the Admin Office, I met Kak Faz (she is SO NICE) and her niceness and patience motivated me to do as much admin work as I can! I'm so proud of me!

I have a plan to do a caricature of the admin people who has helped me at the end of my CAS. And also a painting of the muslim patients there :D