Monday 17 February 2014

to my A-level friends

...your results will be released soon.

This is a letter dedicated to all of you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------❀

I hope that you know you are all talented, brilliant and inspirational, regardless of your results. You've made it this far in life, and I know you will all make it even further. You may be feeling the pre-results-release jitters now (I've had my fair share of them, too, having received my IB diploma grades earlier in January), but I'm sure you will feel relieved once you've gotten them.

You may not agree with what I've written. You may receive results that you weren't even expecting to get (although I'm quite certain you will go beyond what you're expecting to achieve). However, grades are just grades. What matters most is that you are all leaders in your own unique way.

I'm so honoured to know that you all have such noble aspirations. From teachers, medical practitioners, journalists to criminal psychologists, I am certain that your influence in these respective fields will benefit and contribute to the community in such significant ways.

I'm always inspired by you. Some of you have chosen to earn an income while waiting for the release of your results, while others have chosen to do an internship. Everyday, I am able to witness how you impact others through your great leadership qualities. You may not know it yet, but you are all destined for greatness. 

One day, you'll step into a classroom and see the sparks in your students' eyes as you impart your wisdom. One day you'll hold your patient's hand as you listen to his gratitude for all that you've done for him. One day, you'll see your words inspire readers from all walks of life as they read the article you've written.




With that said, I sincerely hope that your results will lead you to the path that will fulfil your ambitions and goals. You are all incredible students, outstanding leaders, and most importantly, amazing friends. May this friendship continue support one another through thick and thin, tears and laughter, and the important milestones in our lives.




Stay inspired,
Nurul xx